Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

Bdellium Brushes


"Bee-dell-iuum"
"Bu-dell-iumm"
Turns out the B is silent, well isn't that easier?

After hearing about Bdellium brushes on Zoellas Youtube, I had to pick some up when I was at IMATS this year. Bdellium are professional eco-friendly make-up brushes that also claim to be "Antibacterial". Don't take this the wrong way, yes you still clean them, but it is ten times easier to do.
Mine are from the Green and Pink Bambu series as they're made from sustainable materials and eco-friendly. The green are short handles and are my travel essentials and the pink are long handles.

Firstly, I bought a 957 which is a "Precision Kabuki" brush. A dense brush that is amazing for blending a flawless foundation.
I also got the 959 which is a "Powder Blending" brush. This is great for powder, all over bronzing or softening a blush or contour. It's also amazing for applying foundation too.
Last of the green brushes is the 776 which is the "Blending" brush. A great all round brush for eye make-up for all over colour or for blending.
On to the long handle brushes now which the 781 which is the "Crease Brush". Which, obviously, is an eyeshadow brush for blending in the crease. It's the perfect size for just that and is dense so blends wonderfully. 
Sadly this is the last of the bunch and it's the 780 which is the "Pencil brush". Perfect for smudging out an eyeliner, applying colour under the eye and I also use it to add a really definite dark colour in the crease.

I think the best thing however about these brushes is how affordable they are! I bought mine at IMATS where they were discounted however I believe they're retail prices range from £6 to £13 which is still absolutely incredible! They're just as good in quality if not better as some of my brushes that have cost £20 each.
I chose these brushes individually to achieve a perfect base and smokey eye make-up, however they're also sold in kits where you can save some cash,
If you're in the US, well lucky lucky you. These are even cheaper and available on their website, here.
For all my fellow Brits, I've found you can get your hands on these (and other amazing products) here at love make-up.

Has anyone else tried these brushes or found any other bargains?
Let me know!

10 comments:

  1. I feel really tempted to buy a few of those brushes! They sound amazing for the price.
    I don't own any expensive makeup brushes. I like my elf studio and coastal scents ones a lot, so I think I would be very pleased with some of those bdellium brushes (:
    New follower xx

    www.inespaul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look into some of their brushes, thank you!
      And thanks for following too :)

      Delete
  2. These sound great and at a brill price too. x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww.... the colors looks so great on the brushes!!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want a new set of brushes for Christmas and been looking for the best brand which isn't going to cost an arm and a leg so might have to check these out :)

    Katie xx | Katies World

    ReplyDelete
  5. These brushes are so cute! The colours are perfect! A good set of brushes really make a difference! I am obsessed with my mac glitter christmas collection ones! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so adorable! I have serious brush envy right now! :P
    Aims
    Xoxo
    http://littlelotusblossom28.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/st-moriz-spray-tan.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of these :) will need to check them out x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour of these brushes and the idea of them being anti-bacterial. I also, would always clean my brushes but it's good knowing that you;re not spreading bacteria on your face if you dont clean them all the time!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink ones are so cute haha, I couldn't resist!

      Delete