Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

January Favourites

Why have I always felt the need to write an intro for these?
It's my favourite beauty items from January.. 

MAC Lipstick in Chatterbox (Amplified) - £15
This was in my stocking at Christmas (thanks Santa!) and although I'd seen the colour in pictures and wanted to try it, I had no idea how beautiful it really was. It might even be my favourite lipstick ever, it's definitely up there. It's creamy and a fantastic lipstick, as always from MAC, but oh my the colour! It's a bright colour but I think incredibly wearable even for the day.
I am sorry, but you need this.
Zoeva Brushes Starting at around £5
So these are a German brand and because they were so cheap I didn't mind getting them direct and paying for the shipping. Seriously they're worth it and arrived so quick! They're such good quality for the price and I'm so impressed with them. They don't shed any hairs and withhold their shape (and I'm talking seriously, I clean my brushes in IPA). They've just released new sets so worth checking those out. I personally love 104 Buffer (as you can tell by the colour of it, gross), the 227 Soft Definer and the 102 Silk Finish.
Yes, I moved to London and immediately bought this. And yes, I'm a complete sucker and the beauty industry makes a fortune from me. I'd heard good things and was looking for a daily SPF to put under foundation. I'm a really pale skin and should always wear an SPF despite the weather, which I never used to do. This also comes in SPF 40 and it's beautifully lightweight. It has a sheer tint, but it's honestly sheer that even men could use this. However for very dark skins I'd say to try it first as it may give a grey look. I love it and think it actually works well as a primer or by itself to brighten the face.
Bought this on a whim because I hate waiting for my nails to dry and now I can't paint them without it. There's other products out there that claim the same thing but this is the first I've tried. It's revolutionary.  Well, it dries your nails super quick. I don't know how I lived without it.

All new finds this month and I'm pleasantly surprised.
Have you tried any new products that you've loved?

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE chatterbox however I wish it had a different finish! Would be amazing in a satin formula! Zoeva Brushes? Let me test these out once payday arrives :) Great post. x

    EverythingJoyce.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the finish but I know what you mean, it would be gorgeous in a matte. I often pull a tissue in half and powder through that over the lipstick so it's matte. Such a beautiful shade.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. That Mac shade looks gorgeous! It's such a nice color.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac chatterbox is now officially on my wishlist! Great post! You have a lovely blog, following u :)

    and thanks for your comment on my blog!

    glossedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shade of lipstick is gorgeous, i'm not a huge lipstick wearer but i love that colour
    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete