Pages

Friday, 10 May 2013

Tattoo Camouflage


So at college this week we're learning to Camouflage Make-up, starting with tattoos.
I use colour corrective make-up a lot but this was my first time actually covering peoples' ink. Lucky for me my class is FULL of people with tattoos so I had tons of options to choose from.
I thought I'd share with you my first attempt at this and maybe one later when I feel I've improved?

For most camouflage make-up I use Kryolan Derma Color, here I have a 24 Pallet!

I started by colour correcting using a a Kryolan Colour Wheel. For example for the purple flower I started with yellow to cancel out the colour. I tried to correct the colours as much as I could until it looked a sort of grey colour, then went over with a skin colour to conceal. When building up layers I powdered in-between.
As you can see from the picture, I'm still struggling. Hopefully as I keep learning and practising, I can share with you when I completely cover one!
 If anyone has any tips, pretty please leave a comment!
:)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job :)
    Follow me and I'll follow you
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, this is a really interesting post. I can't believe how well you completely covered the tattoo up. I took a quick glance at the two photos and got really confused haha!
    I really love your blog and it’d be great if we could follow each other. Let me know on my blog? Thanks, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello thanks for your comment on my blog. Now following you back :)

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete