Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle

Chanel Rouge Coco in No5, Mademoiselle. - £24
I've always wanted a Chanel lipstick, especially Chanel Coco. The adverts appealed to me even when I was young, before I probably owned any lipstick,. 
They were beautiful, glamorous, and classic.
I'm now eighteen and I feel a step closer to being a lady. 

 On a day to day basis, I don't wear lipstick. I'll wear a bold red lip on days I really make an effort with my make-up, however this leaves my make-up on other days looking very unfinished. I wanted a shade I'd get a lot of use out of. This never leaves my handbag, I wear it so often and it's beautiful. It's a beautiful colour, a very natural pink-red that is so easily worn.  Looking closely it has a slight shimmer in it too.

 It's a very moisturising which keeps my lips hydrated the whole day and it's lovely and creamy to apply. Because of that I thought the colour wouldn't last long, but it does last for around 6 hours and a tint of it will last all day. Which to me I think is fantastic. 
The lighting in this photograph is more true than the first.
I think what I really love about it though is how it makes me feel. 
Beautiful, glamorous and classic.
Taking a minute out of your everyday life, a day where I'm running around non stop, to apply this lipstick just adds a little luxury. From the classic Chanel packaging, the click as you open it, the feel of the lipstick and maybe even the glamorous price tag that comes with it. It just adds something that you don't get from a normal lipstick. 

The only problem now is that I want to try other colours.


This blog post has been a long time coming, I found it hard to put into words why I love it so much. However, it's done! I'm considering a lipstick post every Monday, what do you guys think?

8 comments:

  1. I have wanted this shade for ages, I think I will have to treat myself :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting a Chanel lipstick for so long, I'm just undecided about which one to get first- and this colour is gorgeous! Xx

    Olivia- cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted and lusted after a Chanel lipstick for as long as I can remember, I love their packaging and the various shades you can get. This looks great :) x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with that shade!
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, classic color!

    Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love lipstick and have had my eye on a Chanel one for ages. It's just the price that's putting me off. Great post and great blog! Thank you for your comment too and I'm now following you on Bloglovin'. :)

    heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh it's such a nice colour! :) looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha chanel lipsticks are addicting!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete